Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Waiting

(Word Count: 629)
The reminder on my foot
On my wrist
Intertwined but
Completely unrelated

And upside down
Looking down – feeling up
Feeling down – looking up

My foot and my wrist
What would happen if they touched?
A jolt of electricity or
An overwhelming calm

Looking down, growing up
Looking up, the struggle
Not yet over, pushed to the burner
Not front
But always compelling
Me

It’s funny how they hide
Me
Not how – when

Superfluous

Inspiring

Expelling

Exposing

Smooth salient irony

Why do they hide – then
And
Which will hide now?

A crying of faith, first
Looking down, faith first

A crying for help, then
Looking up
Into the mirror, faith forgotten

And now
Grown up
Feeling up
Looking down

And wondering why

A cry for help, to myself
Long forgotten
Meandering soulless Faith
Myself
My beautiful scar, undetected

Why do I think of this now?
The pain long subsided
Irrsuppressed
Surfacing
A rush
Intravenous
Extravenous
Now

I wonder who that was
Was it just me?
Not the same, the other

Hind sight is 20/20

The speckled reflection

Under the radar

My life like a poem
Unanswered

The past
The reflection fading

Fading as it fools you

I’d like now to climb a tree
Many new faces, wandering
Still on their leash
Ready to run
Atugofwarbetweennobody

Wide-eyed and wowza

A sneak peek to the future, but glossed in its favor
Come now, they’re gone
So much to see
Avoiding the truth
Not hiding, not lying
Avoiding merely avoiding

I remember, too
How they avoided
Did not deceive, mislead, lie
Merely avoided
But what is that now – nothing

Wait ‘til you see what’s in here
One of the glossed!
Dismal
The reveal

Are you still a real live human being?
I like your picture
The new place is nice
Her bank account at least
Thank you very much
I shook it up and down
I forgot I owned it until yesterday
The thought of the pool makes it very tempting
We’ll decide when we have a life
Probably some easy carders
No, no. I’m going to stay.
I guess that counts you out
Why are you frustrated?
Thought you ought to know.
I’m putting in a request
And to think I wasted my time
Watching them

Hangers are all triangle

Spouting and dip

Stop – midair

Has this progressed?
I ignore it.

Your sister said something funny today.
But they said I needed help.

Did you call?
I answered --
No.
Happy Birthday.

Wishes a couple
Bring your dancers
Come young love
Commit oneself
Stay missed

Divide services appropriately
Swing

Flexible hair, rigid
A scare
Provided promptly
Condition

Breakfast enjoys being nice
Boxes haven’t seen you
That is a fitting name
I’ve expected more

I request to be your friend
Virtually denied
Literally

I have searched for days
For the answers
To these
Questions

Not questions my own

Knowledge in a bottle
Tossed haphazardly to the wind
The sea catches it in its fist
The bottle shatters, stunned
A container betrayed
And thus contained drown
Who holds it now?

Google.

A policeman falls in love with a woman
Dangerous, expectation
A plantation

Bound
Reheated
Tiled
Stored
A business meeting

She woke softly
Squinting into the sun
Surprised at her surroundings
And slowly
Sped up
Surreal

The girl in the painting
Dots
Not so different from I
Atoms
Blended together by some
Sort of technique
Each color, purposeful
Having affect
Producing it
Reinvent yourself, retouch

Gone fishin’
Caught wind
The grapevine
Never fails
To deliver

The pain
With purpose
Again looking up
Growing down
Remembering

Looking down the reminder
Represent
Reflect and advance
Allowing to an extent
Prevailing retreat

Swallow
Beneath
Words trapped
And would they
Be rescued
A fatality
Swallowed again
Submerged
Saved for another day
Another horrible day
In the wings

LAURA BLASKEY

No comments: