Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RYAN KILLEEN

639 words

 

You went back to where you came from

Perhaps be my grandchildren one day

How can we be depressed

When our future is your present

 

Naiveté everywhere I step

And I wipe my shoes of it far too often

Not that I’m better than you

You just don’t know

 

Washing my brain of the stupid things you do

I take this time to remind myself

Of how unlucky we will be

 

Facing the inevitability of extinction

I’ve got it all figured out

When

The

Day

Comes

We

Won’t

Wake

Up

 

Now what do you think about that?

 

Being in a coma is the only way out of this mess

Once you know where you’re going your mind is set in stone

Now get on track and get it done

Time has wasted and gone

 

I reflect once a month to keep in touch

 

Give up ingenuity

Renounce profit

Bandits and thieves will disappear

 

Temper desire

 

Who’s really right

And who’s really wrong

Who really cares I just thought of this song

 

Everything needs a spine or it will bend under pressure. Without a strong support time is the enemy and inevitability is what will define you. The last day of your life, this is the day you will experience death. My only suggestion is make it funny.  Religion, I say if you feel like following one then pick one and go with it. Just to see what happens.

 

Then annoy everyone you see about it.

 

A call, a call

I received a call

From a friend today

In need of something

Of mine

Mr., he said

I’ve got an opportunity

For you, he said

My money is all he needed

My time was all he took

Hello friend, I said

How have you been

I asked

 

How many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?

I don’t know, ten?

No, eleven because ice cream has no bones.

 

The first time I saw you was as unlikely and as chance a happening that could ever be conceived.

We met each from two continents away. I went to Europe after two years of planning, while you just happened to be in Asia somewhere. I could see you clear as day; you could see me seeing you.

You waved, I smiled. We never saw each other again.

 

Now every time I show up to your scene I nearly vomit

By your “scene” I mean

Your presence

And the spectacle you’ve become

The show that is you

Completely illuminated or shrouded in fog

I can’t tell

 

Have you ever thought about why we’re here

Yeah

What did you come up with

Nothing

 

Then the concern turns to nutrition and health benefits.

 

Why is it that every world religion, culture, and prophet foresaw an apocalyptic event? The living spends a lot of their time worrying about death.

What the fuck is this all about?

I hope it happens in the worst way just so every butthole suffers.

 

People with too strong opinions don’t really matter

But that’s just my opinion

 

I know I’m home when it rains

Because it never rains on vacation

So either this vacation is over

Or I am home

 

I guess I’d be ok with this being home

 

It’s fun to have a good scare every now and then

It makes everyday things seem better

Like leaping from the top floor to get to work every morning

Or like stepping in front of a bus to put food on the table

 

But now I can’t even see

The Cubs can’t win

 

Still content though

 

Money

Everyone just wants everyone else’s

Too dependant on people

Subsistence farming is the way to go

Wind farm

Lumber mill

Amish is the way to go

Beards aren’t necessary though

Unless it’s a freestyle beard off

Set to a beat

 

Then I’d be down