Tuesday, June 9, 2009

But I'm Always A Shoe

JANET DUSZAK
WORD COUNT (709)

But I’m Always a Shoe
-I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be a fire hydrant, and attract all of the dogs. Particularly Dalmatians. I wanted to be red, but I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be maple syrup, so the people could pour me on their pancakes at IHOP, but I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be sweet. Nerds Wonka candy… and brings smiles to their faces. Cavities to their teeth, BUT I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be tequila, to count to four, hit the floor and make clothes fall off, But I’m always a shoe.
-Tonight, I studied all night long… I will get that A. I wanted to be studious, But I’m always a shoe.
-Today, I wanted to be a purse. A really fancy purse. Today I wanted to be Prada, not Gucci. But I’m always a shoe.
I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe. I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be a football. To be the center of attention on a Friday night. To bring people together for a common goal. To be the reason athletes maintain above a B average weekly with academics. To play the game. But I’m always a shoe.
-I wanted to be traffic. The light, the cars, the honks. I wanted to make people lose their minds, to arrive late at their work meeting, to be the reason people sit in their cars for hours at a time. I wanted to show them “SO WHAT” It’s not that big of a deal. I wanted to show everyone patience. Instead, I’m just a shoe.
I’m just a shoe, I’m just a shoe.
I wanted to be a glove… To cover up the middle finger thrown my way when I wanted to be traffic, but I was too busy being a shoe.
I wanted my parents to be proud of me today. I wanted to show them how hard I work. Instead, They noticed my shoes.
But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe. But I’m Always a Shoe.

***What happens when 23 minds work together? Strangeness weirdness peculiarity of thoughts. Millions of thoughts roaming around like particles. Different perceptions.
A poem written in class May 26, 2009.
We are not like the rivers in the doors of your classroom.
Or puppies
Or gnomes
Or an ear that rings, no rains (rings did not sound right) tigers in soup
Or the marmot
Or cheetos that explode your fingers, or dust your fingers
Or half eaten apples
Or cheeto dust in the corner of the sky
Or morticians (but we are very much like morticians)
Or hair dryers that suck
Or curtain rods that cut bulls
Translations Poetry
Original Line: Love is the great good use one person makes of another

Love is bringing out the best in the other. Love is having your counterpart compliment everything about yourself.
French: L'amour est le plus grand profit une personne fait d'un autre
Polish: Miłość jest jak największe korzyści osoby innej
German: Liebe ist der größte Vorteil eine andere Person
Back into English: Love is the greatest advantage another person
Does love mean one is capable of taking the greatest advantage of another person? Or one is able or allowed to? Does it work both ways?


Original Line: I lay down with brilliance I saw a star whistle across the sky before dropping off

Spanish: Me acosté con brillantez vi un silbato estrellas en el cielo antes de caer fuera
Greek: Κοιμήθηκα με το σφύριγμα είδε ένα λαμπρό αστέρι στον ουρανό πριν από την πτώση στα ανοικτά
Hungarian: Lefeküdtem whistle láttam egy fényes csillag az égen, mielőtt leesésének
Norwegian: Jeg lå med en fløyte så en lysende stjerne på himmelen før fallende
Translated back into English: I was with a whistle as a bright star in the sky before falling

JANET DUSZAK

No comments: