Friday, June 5, 2009

ARS POETICE PART 6

658 WORDS
I am depressed
around the edges
Bent corners
Never
Smooth really
Always
some indention
Some branded
On myself
Ive tried cutting
Corners
But I can’t stay
straight enough
To fold
Them
Away
I wish
I could just
Pop
a well
butrin
And forget
the whole thing
But that
is
too easy
Why
would I
want to
do that?
I would
rather fight
the good
fight
So I can
feel
good
about it
That
I
always tried
Innocence
Over
Sleazy ease
Cuz
I always
seem
so strong
like bones
like a diamond
like better than bones
veneers all over me
roots underneath
little tooth
picks
but don’t
worry
it’s taken
care of
cuz now
every
part
of me
can eat
and smoke
I had
To get them
Cuz I
Pulled
Out
All
My
Originals
The
Most
Fun
Thing
Ever to
Do
And wait for those
Sassy wings
Each night
In that sexy
Little
Outfit
Not Kirstie Ally
Not your mom
not sure
I know
how
the inside
looks
I told him
I know
I look
Like I like
good music
But I don’t
Hate good music
Forgive me
Joss
For throwing
Away
That Buffy
magnet
you
to be
disappointed
When
you look
like when you
eat wheat
grass
if you
pasture that
or something
or
you
have style
not farms
call you
emo or
hippie
Birkenstock
soul
The images
keep coming
They milk you
to be
something
Quantifiable
Explainable
Skim
The
Fat
Off
The
Top
To tip
I
can’t explain
Myself
Or words
In needles
Sharing
Their
Disease
With my
typewriter
I can’t
Decide
I am
Running
And
Dying
But I know
I’m not
love
Don’t
cut me
up
Don’t
store my body
parts
Don’t
Count on
my toes
and fingers
Don’t
tell me
I’m beautiful
again
Tell me
What
I taste like
in
a bowl
With milk
On
your spoon
And
Strawberries
Over me
That’s why
I wonder
What
I look like
On
the inside
And
if that’s even
worth
the trouble
of fine
silver
Anyway
I love
myself
Enough to keep
Eating
With
My
hands
But I
can’t get this
shiny plastic
off me
Makes me
too
slip
and
slide
Makes me
more
than I
deserve
desert
Believe
Me when
I keep
sliding
around
and when
he told
me
not to
use
all
the saran
wrap
I threatened
To make
A dress
Out of
It
Oops
He’s new
And
His
Cock’s
Got his brain
On
A
Chain
Need
To remember
These things
Or
sometimes
looking hard
Is enough
to feel
monotony
Over nothing
At all
Like poetry
like
Instant
gratification
Impatient life
In
a hurry
to
try
out
a
nother
vessel
gotta wait
it out
Or
something
It’s easier
When
years
start
to
run along
slide
You
When
I smoke
Out
Time
To be
Dead anyway
2 beers
down
50
years
to go
Damn
my
cheerleader
spirit
she
wore
out
my
pom
poms
It would
be
easier
To
be
simple
one
Dimension
But my
Mind doesn’t
Operate
On
Other
Peoples’
Words
Flirting
With
The
Floor
He said
I’m good
At reading
Between
The lines
And I
Said
That’s good
Cuz i
Gotta
Lotta
Lines
To
Read between
I keep
Forgetting
About
Those
Pesky
Penises
Like small
Dogs
In clouds
Fur-lined
At
Central Park
Rhinestone
Leashes
The
Nanny
Maybe
Fran
Holding on
For dear
Life
I can
Hear
Her now
But
I’m sure
Mr. Chefield
Has
Something
To say
About this
He’s worried
About
His poodle
She didn’t
Like
To wear
Color
But
One day
She wore
A red
Sweater
I said
Hey girl
Your wearing
Color
Today
She said
Shut up
Destiny
In
a
bowl
that’s been
festering
all
morning
and soy
milk
just
isn’t
the same
as
mom’s
put some
mom
in
my
coffee
or
maybe
some
sugar
daddy
cuz even
though
it
tastes
weird
it’s better
than
black
maybe
the girl
with
out
color
would
like
it
or maybe
she’d tell
it
to
shut
up

brooke burns

No comments: